Gorgeous hair needs good aftercare
Our aftercare advice will help you take greater care of your hair to look it's best for the lifespan of the hair. Your Remi Cachet Stylist will be able to give you specific guidance to match your lifestyle and individual requirements; but here are a few guidelines to follow:
- Before washing you should de-tangle hair from ends to roots.
- We recommend the Remi Cachet Shampoo and Conditioner to maintain your hair. Follow the instructions on the bottles carefully.
- Wash your hair in lukewarm water and in an upright position.
- Gently squeeze out excess water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply Remi Cachet Hair Oil (avoiding the bond area) to lock in moisture and fight frizz whilst damp.
- Use the Remi Cachet brushes to regularly detangle your hair everyday.
- Tie your hair in a loose ponytail or plait when exercising and at bedtime to prevent matting.
- Treat your locks to our Miracle Mist to de-tangle on either wet or dry hair.
- Regularly separate your hair and bonds gently to avoid matting.
- Keep all products, including conditioner, and styling tools away from the bond area.
- Do not wash your hair more than 3 times a week.
- When washing & drying your hair, do not massage or twist the hair.
- Do not roll or rub hair with a towel.
- Avoid using heated styling products near the bonds - blow dry the roots on a cool setting.
- Do not twist or play with the bonds as the seals may loosen.
- Because the hair is already processed, it is advisable not to colour, tint or perm. However, this can be done under professional supervision and at the stylists and clients own risk.
- If swimming is a must, then the extension hair must be coated in a watered down conditioner and tied up securely to avoid chlorine contamination, sea water and tangling. Wash thoroughly afterwards and apply a generous amount of conditioner.
- Hair extensions can be affected by chlorinated water, hard water and a high mineral content, sin and products containing Avobenzone, such as sun creams, that comes into contact with the hair. Wearers should be informed of the risks by their extensionist and should any discolouration occur, products are available to rectify and restore the hair.
- Hair extensions are not advisable for use in chlorinated water or hotter climates than normally accustomed to.
- Do not use products that are not specifically made for extensions as they may damage the bond and hair.
- Never attempt to remove your extensions yourself, or have anyone other than the extensionist who fitted your hair to remove them.
Our aftercare range has been specifically formulated to help care for your tresses and are available to buy through your Remi Cachet Stylist or on our website.
You must attend regular maintenance appointments to help prevent matting and offer advice on improving your maintenance and styling. When ready, they will also remove your extensions by your professional extensionist to avoid damage to your own hair and scalp.
Watch our short tutorial here>>